Newsflash: 2018 is half-way through.
Yeeeaahh… let that sink in for a moment.
Did you make any resolutions to read more this year?
Did you set any particular goals?
Are you on track to meet your goals?
Have you read anything ground-breaking in 2018?
In my 2017 Reading Wrap-Up post, I set the following goals for 2018:
- Read more nonfiction (2017 total: 3);
- Read more historical fiction (2017 total: 5); and
- Read 75 books (2017 total: 63).
So far, I am on track as far as the total number of books goes, but I am not reading nearly enough nonfiction! I have read:
- 2 nonfiction books;
- 6 historical fiction novels; and
- 36 books in total.
Do you have any recommendations for nonfiction? I need your help!
Top 10 Books I Have Read in 2018, So Far
(in no particular order)
- The Likeness by Tana French
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn
- Force of Nature by Jane Harper
- The Girl Who Smiled Beads: A Story of War and What Comes After by Clemantine Wamariya
5 Books I Am Excited to Read This Year
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Monk of Mokha by Dave Eggers
Actual photo of my current TBR pile:
Let me know if you recommend any of these books!