So, as I’m new to the blogging world, I just discovered the tagging extravaganzas! I found this particular tag and figured, since it has to do with a topic that I’ll frequently be writing about, that I’d give it a shot! Here it goes…
1. DO YOU GET SICK WHILE READING IN THE CAR?
Sometimes. If it’s a long, steady drive on the highway, I can usually read without a problem. However, if it’s a ‘stop and go’ type of drive, I tend to get a bit queasy.
2. WHICH AUTHOR’S WRITING STYLE IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE TO YOU AND WHY?
Dave Eggers’ writing style is, in my opinion, quite unique. It’s not uncommon for people to write fiction based on a true story, or take an event and stretch some details to create an interesting novel; but Eggers delivers the story in a one-of-a-kind thought provoking, emotion evoking way.
3. HARRY POTTER SERIES OR THE TWILIGHT SAGA? GIVE 3 POINTS TO DEFEND YOUR ANSWER.
Harry Potter. Hands down. Bar none. Is this a real question?
Point #1: Witches/Wizards > Vampires
Point #2: Harry Potter has action without all the gore.
Point #3: Ever since I first read Harry Potter, probably around age 8, I have wished that I could go to Hogwarts, have a pet owl, cast spells and live in a world with dragons and moving staircases!
4. DO YOU CARRY A BOOK BAG? IF SO, WHAT IS IN IT (BESIDES BOOKS)?
I carry a large purse, not dramatically large, but big enough to carry a book or two, my wallet, a hairbrush, and a couple snacks.
5. DO YOU SMELL YOUR BOOKS?
Does a snake drag its nuts? Duh.
6. BOOKS WITH OR WITHOUT LITTLE ILLUSTRATIONS.
Well.. I am a sucker for books with maps. Does that count? Either way I can always appreciate a little extra visual stimulation while reading.
7. WHAT BOOK DID YOU LOVE WHILE READING BUT DISCOVERED LATER IT WASN’T QUALITY WRITING?
The Nanny Diaries. Throwback!
8. WHAT IS THE THINNEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
It’s a poetry book- All the Things I Never Said by Mae Krell
9. WHAT IS THE THICKEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin sitting at 1,040 pages.
10. WHEN DID YOU GET INTO READING?
My obsession with books started even before I could read. I’ve always had a massive collection of books and used to memorize my bedtime stories to pretend that I knew how to read them. Between the ages of 4 and 7, my mom used to pull my little brother and I around in a bike trailer. You know, one of these:
I LOVED that trailer, it was a fun and bumpy ride and Mom would provide us with an enormous supply of books and snacks. My brother couldn’t read yet, so I would read books to him for as long as Mom could last pulling us!
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC BOOK?
Probably cliche but I don’t care; The Great Gatsby has always been one of my all time favorite books.
12. IN SCHOOL WHAT WAS YOUR BEST SUBJECT?
Math was an easy A for me, but my favorite classes were Journalism and Expository Writing.
15. IF YOU WERE GIVEN A BOOK AS A PRESENT THAT YOU HAD READ BEFORE AND HATED, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Stick it in a free library
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WORD?
17. ARE YOU A NERD, DORK, OR DWEEB? OR ALL OF THE ABOVE?
NERD… I LOVED school.
18. VAMPIRES OR FAIRIES? WHY?
Fairies… I simply don’t understand the obsession with vampires. *cue unfollow* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
19. SHAPESHIFTERS OR ANGELS? WHY?
I have read a number of books with shapeshifters but only a few with angels, so I’m biased. Shapeshifters are just so darn interesting. I wish I could turn into a dog and rid myself of responsibilities every now and then.
20. AND FINALLY: FULL ON ROMANCE BOOKS OR ACTION-PACKED WITH A FEW LOVE SCENES MIXED IN?
ACTION-PACKED! I typically don’t read books from the romance genre. Personally, I’m far from a hopeless romantic and need some adventure to stay interested.
Thanks for reading!